Thursday, March 3, 2011

Blog #7 New artifact

Now that I have finished my first artifact and rationale I started to think about my next artifact. For my second artifact I have decided to create is a PowerPoint. Right now, I have not started on my second artifact, but I have been looking at the information that I want to include. With the PowerPoint I am going to include different information comparing a child with autism to a "normal" child and find out the differences between them.

Now that I have decided what my second artifact is going to be, i have a lot of work that needs to be done. My first step for this artifact would be to gather all the information that I want to put in the PowerPoint so I do not have to go searching for that information. My second step would be to pick out the design of my PowerPoint. For instance, what colors I am going to use and what type of font(s) that will be used. I will also need to decide how my information is going to be placed, and in what order. Finally, I will need to decide if I am going to include pictures, and If I do, where the pictures are going to be placed on the PowerPoint.

There are so many things that need to be done before I can even start putting the PowerPoint together, that I need to get started on it right away, so that I do not get behind. I want this artifact to connect really well with my first artifact, and to make sure that happens I am going to make sure that all my information doesn't overlap each other, and that this artifact includes and more information about child with and without autism and how they differ. I hope this artifact goes as planned and looks the way that I am imagining it.

2 comments:

  1. I like the fact that you have every detail that you need to get answers to. That puts you in a better position to getting your artifact complete. I am glad you havent gotten bored with the subject as well cause that makes it better for us as the viewers to not get bored with your artifacts and subject as well. i believe you are headed in the right direction and I cant wait to see your finishing project. When you talk in class it always makes me wanna know more about your project which is hard to do because i get bored easily haha.Keep up the good work and ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PowerPoint sounds like the perfect medium for your second artifact. The steps that you proposed sound almost exactly like what I did before I organized my first artifact's PowerPoint. I was also pleasantly surprised to learn that making the slideshow goes much faster than I expected. Since I had planned the slideshow out ahead of time, it made creating the presentation a breeze and it took way less time than I had planned for. I hope creating yours went as smoothly as mine, and if you have any questions feel free to ask me. I look forward to seeing this PowerPoint once you have it done.

    ReplyDelete